This top-up business degree is ideal if you want to advance your knowledge, skills, ability and career prospects in business. It enables you to convert your business-related foundation degree, HND or degree credits into an honours degree in business management.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to advance their knowledge, skills, ability and career prospects in business.
It enables you to convert your business-related foundation degree, HND or degree credits into an honours degree in business management.
The range of modules includes • implementing strategy and change • international business consultancy project • marketing in a global context • managing for success.
As well as the personal, analytical and communication skills that many university courses develop, you gain skills in • problem solving • decision making • negotiation • research • project management. These skills are needed in all organisations.
2017 entry requirements
Applicants normally need one of the following
• a foundation degree, HND or equivalent qualification in business and/or management, with an overall merit profile from year two modules
• 120 year one and 120 year two credits, with an overall mark of 55 per cent or above, from a relevant business degree or equivalent
We welcome applications from people of any age. There may be some flexibility in entry requirements provided you have other relevant learning or experience. This must show that you will benefit from and successfully finish the course.
If English is not your first language you need an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each skill. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
International and European entry qualifications
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
One year full-time
Typical modules may include
• implementing strategy and change • international business consultancy project
Choose two* from List A and two* from List B
* If your offer to join the course requires you to obtain IELTS and you achieve lower than 6.5 overall and 6.0 in all four skills, then you choose one elective module from each of the above lists and study the following four core modules • implementing strategy and change • decision making and career development • academic and professional excellence • english for academic and business purposes.
**Only one language may be studied. Stage 1 study of a language is not permitted.
|Top up route – operated at SHAPE VTC, Hong Kong||
• strategic management • operations planning and control • global marketing • leadership and organisations • financial information for business decisions • creating effective information systems
Our graduates have found careers with organisations such as • NHS • Interflora • River Island • HSBC • National Railway Museum • BMW.
You can also go on to postgraduate study.
Home / EU student
Please note tuition fees may increase in each subsequent academic year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases and in line with inflation. More information can be found in the ‘Tuition Fee Increases’ section of our Fees Regulations (PDF, 2.10 MB)
For the course fee and further information on scholarships and bursaries please visit our fees and funding pages.
2016/17 academic year
Typically £12,500 a year
2017/18 academic year
Typically £12,750 a year
Additional course costs
This link allows you to view estimated costs associated with the main activities on specific courses. These are estimates and, as such, are only an indication of additional course costs. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the choices you make during your course.
Any offer of a place to study is subject to your acceptance of the University’s Terms and Conditions and student Regulations.