This module introduces you to the core principles of sports nutrition and equips you with the skills to advise athletes on their diets.
You will also develop skills for investigating the ergogenic effects of sports supplements. This module is certified by the Association for Nutrition.
- Practical information from leading exercise nutritionists working with elite and Olympic athletes
- Supplements and ergogenic aids
- Sport specific nutritional advice on the intake of carbohydrate, protein, fat and fluid
- Weight gain and weight loss in athletes
- The differences between nutritional advice for highly active and sedentary individuals
- Communication for promoting professionally sound and ethical dietary and lifestyle change in athletes/highly active individuals
- Acquire practical skills for measuring and recording dietary intake, hydration status and the effect of diet/supplements on exercise performance including an awareness of accuracy, precision and reliability
Attendance 2019/2020 dates:
This course is now full for January/March 2020. However you can register your interest for January/March 2021.
Fees for 2019/2020