This module introduces you to the core principles of sports nutrition and equips you with the skills to advise athletes on their diets.
You will also develop skills for investigating the ergogenic effects of sports supplements. This module is certified by the Association for Nutrition.
The module is taught at level 7 (equivalent to masters level) and attendees should ideally have a sound academic background in nutrition (for example educated to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject).
- Practical information from leading exercise nutritionists working with elite and Olympic athletes
- Supplements and ergogenic aids
- Sport specific nutritional advice on the intake of carbohydrate, protein, fat and fluid
- Weight gain and weight loss in athletes
- The differences between nutritional advice for highly active and sedentary individuals
- Communication for promoting professionally sound and ethical dietary and lifestyle change in athletes/highly active individuals
- Acquire practical skills for measuring and recording dietary intake, hydration status and the effect of diet/supplements on exercise performance including an awareness of accuracy, precision and reliability
Attendance 2021/22 dates:
Book now for w/c 17th January and w/c 28th February 2022 and we will send you further details nearer the time.
Fees for 2021/22