This module aims to develop a detailed understanding of weight management techniques in overweight and obese individuals. It will critically review the evidence base for lifestyle manipulation, behaviour change, pharmacological and surgical interventions for weight management.
In this module, you will also develop your ability to appraise and organise information, themes and concepts from a variety of academic sources. You will develop practical, clinical and research skills and use them to produce a hands-on laboratory report assessment. This module is certified by the Association for Nutrition.
The module is taught at level 7 (equivalent to masters level) and attendees should ideally have a sound academic background in nutrition (for example educated to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject).
- Review of the evidence base for diet (e.g. low carbohydrate, 5:2…), and physical activity interventions
- Mental health and obesity management
- Anthropometry, blood biochemistry
- Surgical, medical and pharmacological interventions
- The physiology of weight gain and weight loss
- Mindfulness and behaviour change techniques e.g. CBT, MI, SFT
Attendance 2021/22 dates:
Book now for w/c 17th January and w/c 28th February 2022 and we will send you further details nearer the time.
Fees for 2021/22