This module teaches principles and practices to improve population health and well-being, with a particular focus on the role of nutrition in addressing contemporary public health priorities.
You will develop the knowledge and skills required within the field of public health and critically evaluate their application from local, national and international perspectives. This module is certified by the Association for Nutrition.
The module is taught at level 7 (equivalent to masters level) and attendees should ideally have a sound academic background in nutrition (for example educated to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject).
- Public health management; local, national and international bodies, public health approaches (health protection & health improvement) and guiding principles (evidence based practice, equity, efficacy & ethics)
- Identification and management of public health priorities and needs; surveillance and assessment of health & well-being, public health monitoring, and evaluation of public health interventions and programmes
- Public health policy and strategy; development and evaluation at local, national and international level
- Public health collaboration & leadership; health advocacy, community development, partnership working and professional practice
- Operational and strategic management of public health systems including finance, human resources, legislation and governance.
Attendance 2021/22 dates:
Book now for w/c 17th January and w/c 28th February 2022 and we will send you further details
nearer the time.
Fees for 2021/22