Contemporary Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (Distance Learning)
This module will develop your problem solving, practical and therapeutic skills. You will be encouraged to use evidence to inform practice and critical reflection upon your own performance. The content of this module includes assessment of patient with NMSK dysfunction and disorders. You will be supported in exploring and applying contemporary management approaches, for example patient self-management, purposive exercise, general exercise for fitness, fearless movement, range of manual movement, therapeutic interventions, functional rehabilitation of the patient with NMSK pathology and engagement with relevant literature and evidence.
This module is aimed at
Qualified physiotherapists or those in related professions including chiropractic and osteopathy.
By engaging successfully with this module you will be able to
- Critically discuss and apply relevant contemporary neuro-musculoskeletal theories, concepts and evidence
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of Manual and Movement Therapy interventions, integrating the evidence base relevant to the management and rehabilitation of neuro-musculoskeletal disorders
- Critically discuss the importance of patients' expectations, regarding their role in, and their engagement with their therapy in recovery
- Critically reflect on own ability to manage patients with neuro-musculoskeletal problems
The module will be delivered using a distance learning approach with the main focus on problem solving, practical and therapeutic skill development/application, the judicious use of evidence to inform practice and critical reflection upon your own performance.
You will be expected to take responsibility for your own learning and engage the independent guided study activities and learning opportunities to explore the relevant topic areas in more detail. Integration and application of learning will be developed in a peer supportive and stimulatory environment, thereby combining theoretical elements with practical problem solving and reflection.
General areas covered
- Assessment of patient with nmsk dysfunction and disorders
- Exploring and applying contemporary management approaches for these patients for example
- Patient self-management purposive exercise, general exercise for fitness,
- Fearless movement
- Range of manual and movement therapeutic interventions
- Functional rehabilitation of the patient with nmsk pathology
- Engagement with relevant literature and evidence
To study this distance learning module you will require access to a computer with
- a reliable internet connection
- Microsoft or Apple Mac Supported Office Software
- the current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Fees and Funding for 2021/22
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £1,415
EU / International students: £2,410 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
This module attracts Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF by the following schemes
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
- Relevant professional qualification
- Relevant workplace opportunities
(The above must be evidenced in the applicant’s application form)
International students must have reliable internet access and supply IELTS scores.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Written Assignment
- Viva: typically, a combination of a presentation/demonstration to one or more academics, with discussion, questioning and oral feedback
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits