Developing Data Analytic Skills in the Healthcare Sector
This Level 5 course comprises of two modules:
- A Short Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Data and Information for Healthcare
The course will offer you an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in understanding of the use of data and intelligent systems. You will be taught by world-leading experts and, using real world examples, you will gain practical experience of using data to enhance practice in the healthcare sector and improve patient care. In studying the course will have the chance to:
- Examine the range of healthcare data sources, compare terminologies and explore healthcare data analytics applications and technologies.
- Develop abilities to be able to transform raw healthcare data into actionable information to derive meaningful insights.
- Develop abilities to critically analyse and explain the foundations, methodologies and applications of intelligent systems.
- Provide essential knowledge of theoretical artificial intelligence techniques: approaches, concepts, principles, and good practices.
- Experiment with and evaluate intelligent models to solve real-world applications with non-specialist user friendly tools.
You will earn 20 Level 5 credits for each module you successfully complete.
How you learn
All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
All modules are designed to support your continuing professional development and the development of skills needed to plan and evidence this. We use various assessment methods, supporting the development of your academic and professional skills. Online activities are used to promote engagement with the distance learning materials, provide support for the final assignment and facilitate online discussion with your fellow peers on the module.
Applied learning is the ethos at the heart of all Sheffield Hallam courses, meaning that you are given the opportunity to put your study into practice.
You will be taught by professionals who are active in their field giving you cutting edge, industry focused knowledge of your subject.
Whether you are a manager, informatician, or front-line health professional, data analytics and artificial intelligence is a growing and exciting field in the healthcare sector. If you are looking to develop in your current role or make a career change into this field, the opportunities to use the skills and knowledge gained on this course are vast. This course will give you the foundations to take your career ambitions to the next level.
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home students: £2000. If you wish to study just one module, please contact the Module Leader for more information
EU/International students: Please contact the Module Leader for more information
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development/Continuing Professional Development (WDF/CPD) funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
Further information and Workforce Development Funding / CPD Funding online application form
Applicants should have one of the following qualifications:
80 UCAS points from A level or equivalent, or an alternative qualification such as BTEC, an Access course or T Levels.
A first degree or professional qualification recognised in the UK in a related health care or computing subject.
Students without the above qualifications who have relevant clinical experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International students must have reliable internet access and supply IELTS scores.
This module is delivered via distance learning
View our statement on notional study hours »
This course is due to run in April 2023.
Please contact the Module Leader for information on timetabling.
- A Short Introduction to Artificial Intelligence will be assessed by a 2,000 word portfolio.
- Introduction to Data and Information for Healthcare will be assessed by a 2,000 report.
For further information please contact the module leader Dharmendra Shadija - email@example.com