Reasoning and Management for Advanced MSK Clinical Practice
Who the course is aimed at
This module is aimed at Physiotherapists specialising in musculoskeletal conditions particularly working within an advanced practice role within Primary Care settings.
Benefits of taking the course to the individual, the organisation and the patient
The aims of the module are to enhance your expertise and management of musculoskeletal conditions within an advanced clinical practice (ACP) musculoskeletal setting and to facilitate you in the development of complex reasoning and decision-making skills.
This will include the presentation and interpretation of related diagnostic images and tests, with an emphasis on the application of this information to safely, effectively and collaboratively plan patient treatment and onward referral.
What you learn
What you learn will be supported by face to face teaching sessions including workshops and practical sessions. In order to prepare for the teaching sessions, learning materials and specific tasks will be delivered via distance learning.
- Develop and systematically apply critical, analytical and evaluative skills to recognise normal and abnormal presentations in diagnostic images and tests related to pathologies and normal variants of the musculoskeletal system within your advanced clinical practice role.
- Synthesise clinical information with diagnostic images and tests to formulate and justify a diagnosis or differential diagnoses and plan future treatment, imaging, further tests or intervention.
- Critically evaluate and justify clinical management and/or alternative imaging modalities or tests within the patient pathway.
- Formulate and communicate a professional opinion or inform a relevant query, based on the interpretation of diagnostic images and tests applied to the patient presentation.
Skills gained for the workplace
You will be able to pass on your gained knowledge to others, improving overall effectiveness and patient outcome.
Fees and Funding for 2020/21
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home / EU student: £1,375
International students: £2320 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
This module attracts Learning Beyond Registration/Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (LBR/SSPRD) funding by the following schemes:
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Learning Beyond Registration/Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (LBR/SSPRD) funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
- Relevant Professional Qualification
- Relevant Work experience
- Currently working within a neuromusculoskeletal workplace setting
- You must have a clinical mentor and have access to relevant workplace opportunities to be able to successfully complete the RMACP module
The above must be evidenced in the applicants application form.
International students must have reliable internet access and supply IELTS scores.
This module is delivered at our Collegiate Crescent Campus
This module is planned to commence delivery on Monday 21st September 2020 with attendance also required on Monday 5th October, Monday 19th October, Monday 2nd November, Monday 16th November, Monday 30th November and Monday 14th December.
Assessment due – Tuesday 5th January 2021
This module will run for a second time and commence delivery on Monday 25th Jan 2021, Monday 8th February 2021, Monday 22nd Feb 2021, Monday 8th March 2021, Monday 22nd March 2021, Monday 5th April 2021 and Monday 19th April 2021
Assessment due – Mon 17th May 2021
Module assessment is made up of one assessment tasks. The assessment task for this module is:
- Written assignment
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits