The Enhanced Critically Thinking Leader
In contemporary health and social care environments leaders need to develop skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to deliver integrated care successfully.
Who the module is aimed at
Registered nurse or allied health professional. This module is relevant to both aspiring and experienced leaders and managers who want to develop an applied understanding of leadership and management in an integrated health and social care environment.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
You will be supported to explore:
- Critical thinking and its application to practice.
- Decision making in relation to your own leadership approach.
- A clear plan of your on-going leadership development.
What you learn
You will be supported to develop an understanding of leadership in the integrated health and social care context, whilst considering your future role and development.
General areas covered
- Critical thinking
- Evidence based decision making
- Personal leadership development
- Organisational leadership
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Reflective and critical thinking
- Academic writing
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £710
EU / International students: this Module is not open to International applicants
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below
- Relevant professional qualification - Registered nurse or allied health professional
- Experience of studying and writing at level 6
- Relevant workplace opportunities and organisational support - Employed in a health or social care environment
The above must be evidenced in your application form.
Blended Learning this module will involve a limited number of face-to-face study days supported by online distance learning activities
This module is planned to commence during February 2023 and requires four full days attendance at the University. This face-to-face delivery is supported by additional online distance learning activities.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Written Assignment
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits