What does employability mean?
Sheffield Hallam's definition of employability is '...the knowledge, personal and professional skills and attitudes that will support your future development and employment'.
How we can help you
We are committed to supporting our students to develop their employability skills, through helping them to understand and identify their key skills and how they have developed them from.
We can support our students and graduates to enhance their employability by providing help with
- getting and using work experience (paid and unpaid, placements or term time/holiday jobs)
- undertaking voluntary work for the community or organisations
- showing what you can offer as a result of your university or leisure activities
- knowing what employers of graduates are looking for
- understanding the particular requirements for the job you are interested in
- understanding the labour market and especially the sector in which you are interested
- knowing how to sell yourself and make top quality applications