What you need to bring

There are some official things you definitely have to bring. Make sure you have everything on this checklist so you can enrol when you get here.

All students

  • your printed summary from your online pre-enrolment
  • the relevant qualifications for your course (email ugqualifications@shu.ac.uk if you're not sure which ones you need)
  • passport or driving licence for ID – you need this to enrol
  • your national insurance number if required for your course - you need this to enrol
  • information from your funding authority
  • any emails you received about your enrolment and your course induction
  • the Insider's Guide and the maps included

If you're moving to Sheffield

  • your accommodation information and/or a copy of your tenancy agreements
  • NHS medical card and details of your vaccination history
  • a month's supply of any prescription medication you take and repeat prescription forms
  • details of medical conditions and a letter from your doctor detailing any prescribed drugs you are taking
  • any insurance documents for valuable items like a laptop
  • enough money to last you for the first few weeks including your bank card
Share this page