Shqiperim is currently a Lecturer in Events Management within the Department of Service Sector Management at Sheffield Hallam University. He is a Module Leader and a team member for several events modules including Events and Leisure Business Simulation at undergraduate level and International Cultural Events at postgraduate level. His academic profile is diverse, having previously taught tourism modules at the University as well as having been an academic advisor and a Marketing and Recruitment Lead for Tourism Undergraduate students. He currently supervises more than a dozen Events Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. Shqiperim recently completed his PhD in tourism governance in post-war transition, the case of Kosovo. He is also a member of Regional Studies Association.
During a four months data collection experience for his PhD, Shqiperim became a Tourism Consultant for Kosovo Alternative Tourism Association, which he helped to generate income for live projects and gained support from a local government in Kosovo and international development agencies that include GIZ and USAID. Shqiperim contributed to the establishment of the first Tourist Information Office in the capital of Kosovo, Prishtina and organised several other initiatives including a tourism job fair and an annual wine festival in Kosovo.
His research interests include image restoration of a post-war country through mega and major events, tourism governance in transition and tourism planning in a divided society.
- 2017: PhD Tourism governance in post-war transition, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methods, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2011: MSc International Tourism Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2009: BSc Tourism Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Sheffield Business School
Sheffield Business School
Reka, S. (2011). AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE IMAGE OF KOSOVO AS A TOURISM DESTINATION. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 01-Jan.
Theses / Dissertations
Reka, S. (2017). Tourism governance in post-war transition: The case of Kosova. (Doctoral thesis). http://doi.org/10.7190/shu-thesis-00156
Reka, S. (2014). The importance of strategic tourism development in a post-conflict context.
Reka, S. (2013). Challenges of tourism development in post-conflict countries.
Reka, S. (2011). An investigation into the image of Kosovo as a tourist destination.
Research funding or grant
- 2011: PhD Bursary, Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: Best PhD Poster, Joint Doctoral Conference (Sheffield Hallam & University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2011: Best Postgraduate Student on Cohort, Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2010: ATHE Best Postgraduate Student, Association for Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE), Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE), United Kingdom