Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Internship Scheme
Sheffield Hallam University are proud to co-ordinate the Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Internship Scheme across the North region of Health Education England.
This scheme is open to non-medical clinical staff employed by a NHS organisation in the North East, North West or Yorkshire & The Humber regions of Health Education England
The scheme provides a range of both taught and academically supervised interventions that both engage and expose the intern to the clinical academic research environment and also provide them with the practical skills to undertake a research project supported by an expert clinical academic supervisor. The key components to the internship programme are:
- a Clinical Academic Research Experience supported by supervision and research mentorship for 30 days.
- an Educational Learning Package comprising of 4 days face to face learning and 4 days equivalent online distance learning.
By the end of the programme we hope that participants will have the confidence to apply their newly learned skills within their employing Trusts, become research champions, and consider a future clinical academic career to include formally accredited education programmes, either within the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme, or via other routes. Interns will also benefit from an enhanced ability to apply successfully for further formal research training.
Further details of the Internships scheme, including case studies of previous participants is available on the Health Education England website
The next Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Internship Scheme is planned for January 2021, and is open to individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- are employed by a NHS organisation in the North East, North West or Yorkshire & The Humber geographies
- be a registered health professional in a non-medical clinical role
- not already hold a research qualification e.g. a Masters or PhD (pre-registration Health MSc programmes exempt from this rule).
Applications for the January 2021 cohort are now open. Please complete this application form (PDF, 170.4KB) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 4th September 2020.