Study with us
The Academy of Sport & Physical Activity offers a wide and diverse portfolio of programmes across all levels including foundation year, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral study. As one of the biggest providers of higher education within sport and physical activity in the UK, we have over 1,500 students currently studying with us. Since 1998, we have educated over 10,000 alumni students, from 64 countries across the globe, many of whom now work in senior positions in international sport organisations throughout the world.
Our courses are developed and delivered in partnership with some of the biggest names in the global sport industry. Every undergraduate student is offered a work placement as part of their programme of study which provides ‘real world’ skill acquisition for future employment. All students are offered additional opportunities to undertake internships, volunteering initiatives and paid work outside of their taught courses. Such examples include applied work with sport national governing bodies, professional sport organisations and federations.
Employers and external examiners have described our programmes as ‘world leading’ and the applied approach to learning and teaching is seen as unique to many other courses offered within higher education. Our programmes are recognised and endorsed by professional bodies including the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity (CIMPSPA), British Associate of Sport &Exercise Sciences (BASES) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
The current programmes offered within the Academy of Sport & Physical Activity include:
- Physical Activity, Sport & Health with Foundation Year
- Physical Education & School Sport with Foundation Year
- Sport Business Management with Foundation Year
- Sport Coaching with Foundation Year
- Sport Development with Coaching with Foundation Year
- Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Physical Activity, Sport & Health (CIMPSA endorsed)
- BSc (Hons) Physical Education & School Sport
- BSC (Hons) Sport Business Management (CIM Recognised)
- BSc (Hons) Sport Coaching
- BSc (Hons) Sport Development with Coaching
- BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science (CIMPSPA & BASES endorsed)
- MSc Applied Sport & Exercise Science
- MSc Sport Business Management
- MSc Sport Engineering
- MSc Sport & Exercise Psychology
- MSc Strength & Conditioning Coaching
Research degrees are offered through the internationally renowned Sport & Physical Activity Research Centre (SPARC), which undertakes world-class, multidisciplinary applied research and innovation with real world impact. Currently, we have over 50 students undertaking doctoral work with us from the across the globe, in fields as diverse as engineering and sports equipment, to exercise psychology, performance analysis, and health and disease prevention and treatment.