Asif joined Sheffield Business School in April 2014 as a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management and Enterprise. Previous to this, he was at the University of Bradford.
His research interest is in SMEs Exporting and Entrepreneurship and Innovation. He has co-authored a research report, Roads to Success - SME Exports, which was submitted to the House of Lords, London.
Asif secured funding for the Bradford Centre for International Business in order to engage growing entrepreneurial organisations. A series of Masterclasses were developed for business leaders at a strategic level with the support of UK Trade & Investment.
In his Business Development role within the Higher Education Sector, he has generated circa £500K. He also developed a range of strategic partnerships with organisations such as: Datong Plc, Emerald Publishing, Sovereign Healthcare, NHS Innovation Centre, Pace Plc and Reckitt Benckiser.
Asif held the position of a Non-Executive Director for Acoustic Sensing Technology (UK) Ltd; this was a University spin-out company which followed the path from concept to commercialisation. Asif was part of the team that was instrumental in attracting investment of £650K from the North West Fund for Energy & Environmental.
- 2011-2014: Associate Lecturer, University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- 2013: Non-Executive Director, Acoustic Sensing Technology (UK) Ltd, United Kingdom
- 2008-2014: Business Development (Partnerships), University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- 2006-2008 to date: DManager- Rest of the World Region (Export Markets), Premier Farnell Plc, United Kingdom
Education and Experience
- 2016 to date: Doctor of Philosophy, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2017: Post Graduate Certificate in Research Methods, Sheffield Hallam University
- 2015: Post Graduate Certifcate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam
- 2013: PGDip Research Methods (Business and Management), University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- 2007: Master of Business Administration, University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- 1995: PGDip Electrical Power Engineering & Management, University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- 1994: B. Eng Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Coventry University
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
Majid, A. (2016). Publication Strategies, Engaging and motivating Chinese students, Classroom Etiquette, and Making Lectures Interesting and Interactive.
Majid, A. (2017). Book review – Creativity and Strategic Innovation Management.
Majid, A. (2016). Developed Case Study for Leading Innovative Organisations – Games Console & The Wallet.
Majid, A. (2015). Learning & Teaching Conference, Sheffield Hallam University.
Majid, A. (2013). Roads to Success - SME Exports.
- 2016: , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom