As Senior Lecture I teach on the BSc Events Management courses and I also teach on modules which are across the Service Sector Management department. Over the last ten years I have been involved in various sectors of the events industry, from weddings and conferences to music festivals and charity events, including working on Sheffield music festival Tramlines for eight years. My research interest is student resilience including resilience in the placement setting. As Course Leader and Undergraduate Recruitment lead for Events Management I am available to chat throughout the year please contact me via email and I will respond as soon as possible.
- 2015: Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2014: MSc International Events and Conference Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: BSc Events Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: Managing the wristband exchange (box office) and recruiting, scheduling and managing the volunteers who work on the exchange., Tramlines Festival, United Kingdom
CPD/ Attendance at annual conferences
- 2015: , Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Programme or Unit leadership
- 2012: , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Sheffield Business School
I have been teaching in the Department for Service Sector Management (DSSM) in Sheffield Business School since 2012. I am both module leader and lecturer on specialist event modules but also on a core module which is across the DSSM department.
2012 to present: Events Management Undergraduate Courses, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Idris, J., May, D., Rowley, C., Abson, E., & Lynn, A. Group work selection methods and the impact on student outcomes and satisfaction. In International Conference on Events, Making New Waves in Africa: Exploring New Frontiers in Festivals and Events.
Rowley, C. (2018). Understanding our student experiences of attaining and completing their work placements. Presented at: ASET Conference, University of Nottingham
Rowley, C. (2018). Student retention & barriers in events management work experience/placements: an exploratory study of students experience during work experience. Presented at: Recognising our Research, Sheffield Hallam University
Rowley, C. (2017). Events Management Students Experience on Placement.
Rowley, C. (2017). Events Management Students Experience on Placement. Presented at: AEME Conferecen, Cardiff University
Rowley, C. (2014). Accessibility of events volunteering opportunities to disabled students.
- 2014: Working with industry partners to deliver events for students and private bodies. This allows me to maintain my practice in industry and ensure my teaching is relevant and where possible enhance students employability. , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom