Personal Overview: Having had a broad, rewarding and challenging 20 years in and around the world of events, I returned to education to study my Masters in International Event Management at Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) in 2009. I have spent the last 8+ years embedding myself in the academic realm of the Sheffield Business School (SBS) here at SHU becoming Course Leader in 2015.
This has been the fruition of a diverse and successful career in campaign/marketing/brand and 'pure' Event Management, which has included strategic, creative, stakeholder, communications and PR roles and responsibilities. I have a wealth of experience gained in different sectors, from a self-employed entrepreneur, via an internationally renowned events organisation, brand-licensing company, a national communications agency and onto a complex public sector organisation. I'm still actively involved in the Deershed festival alongside by SBS day roles and currently working on my Doctorate relating to consumers, values, marketing and CSR.
As course leader I am available to chat throughout the year, please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org where I will get back to you ASAP.
- 2012: Post Graduate Certificate Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2009: MSc International Events Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1994: BA Product Design, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1991: Arts Foundation Course, Other
- 2011: Doctorate of Business Administration An exploration of consumer's understanding and concern for CSR rhetoric and activity , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
CPD/ Attendance at annual conferences
- 2012: Fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA), Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2013: External Examiner, New Bucks University, United Kingdom
- Core and specialist modules
- Core module programme leader for level 4
- Consumer values and CSR marketing communications
- AEME - Association of Event Management Education
Sheffield Business School
2016 to present: Events, Food, Hospitality and Tourism courses, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
2012 to present: Senior Lecturer - Project Tutor; EIE Module Leader; Live Event; Core Module Leader Marketing Communications, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Woodason, D. (2019). An exploration of Millennial perceptions and value priority of CSR and CnSR. Presented at: Metropolia Business School IPW, Helsinki
- 2014: Course Leader, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: Module Leader, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom