I became a full time academic, lecturing in international business and marketing, in 2016. Before entering academia I spent a number of years working in a commercial environment, 15 years within a variety of roles in the financial services sector and 6 years working in China as a corporate trainer, manager and business owner.
In addition to my teaching duties I work with International Students within the Department of Management to help them make the most of their international experience.
My research interests are in the area of value and value co-creation, particularly within an intercultural context.
- 2015: MSc International Marketing, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2015: Teaching Skills for Doctoral Students, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2006: Post Graduate Certificate TESOL, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2005: Professional Diploma in Management (DMS), The Open University, United Kingdom
- 2004: Certificate of Insurance Practice, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
- 1996: BA (Hons) Business Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2015 to date: PhD Marketing, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
Hattersley, D. (2016). The impact of intercultural difference on the co-creation of value. .
Hattersley, D. (2017). An investigation into the effects of cultural difference on the co-creation of value.