After leaving Sheffield Hallam University in the summer of 2004 with a degree in Business and Finance I began my full time working career at Wm Morrisons as a Graduate Management Trainee. After 18 months in retail I altered my career to train as an accountant within the outsourcing sector. During my seven and a half years working in the private sector I became a qualified management accountant and progressed from Finance Assistant of a large Limited company to a take up a Financial Controller role within a division of a FTSE 100 company.
After gaining invaluable experience working in industry I changed career paths again to become a full time lecturer in accounting at Sheffield Hallam University. My focus is delivery accounting and finance related modules and enhancing the employability of students through core and co-curricular engagement. I am committed to advancing my career and the career of students at Sheffield Hallam for many years to come.
I am an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- 2015: Post Graduate Certificate, Learning and Teaching,
- 2013: CIMA, Other
- 2004: BA Business & Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2016: , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 2006: , Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
- Finance Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
Conference Speaker: COOKSON, G. KEMP, S. MBEWE, A. (2016), 'A comparative study; SHU and BAC International Finance & Banking collaborative award', Sheffield Hallam University Partnership Symposium
Conference Speaker: KEMP, S. COOKSON, G. MBEWE, A. (2016), 'Comparative study of SHU and Botswana Accountancy College performance in relation to Learning, Teaching and Assessment', Sheffield Hallam University Partner Symposium
- 2013: , Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2015: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Prize or best paper
- 2016: Faculty Winner: Inspirational Teaching Award, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom