John Bairstow MA, BA (Hons)
Following degrees from Loughborough University and High Wycombe School of Art and Design, I ventured into the world of Furniture Designer/Maker while also being asked to do some part-time teaching.
While continuing with my practice, I taught in a range of institutes on a variety of design-related courses. This led to a full time position as a Senior Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University. Roles whilst at the University have included Course Leader, First, Second and Third Year Tutor, Admissions Tutor, Industrial Link Coordinator and Placement Coordinator
My Background is as a Furniture Designer/Maker and have exhibited in the UK and abroad.
- I graduated from Loughborough University with a degree in design.
- Postgraduate study provided a degree in Furniture Design and Technology from High Wycombe School of Art and Design.
- A fellowship of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust provided a scholarship to study Design and Architecture in the USA.
- I am author of a book on Furniture Design.
- I am joint author of a book on Design Modelling.
I am a member of the Product, Furniture and Interior Design Subject Group.
I predominantly teach on the Product and Furniture Design courses.
I teach on all modules of the Product and Furniture Design courses.
Currently engaged in the development of three dimensional modelling techniques using physical and digital technologies.
Practical and decorative woodworking joints - Batsford Ltd - 1984
Design Modelling (Visualising Design Ideas) - Hodder Education - 2000