Dr Phil Coombs EdD, MSW, MA, BsC (hons.) PGCE
Lecturer in Education Studies, Education Psychology and Counselling
I am a lecturer in Education Studies, Education Psychology and Counselling. My research interests and subject specialisms include psychodynamic practice, child development and psychology, children, schools and families.
I teach on the following degree programmes and provide research supervision in
- Education Studies
- Education, Psychology and Counselling
- Foundation Degree in Early Years and Education Learning Support
- MA in Education Studies
Research interests include
- Psychodynamic psychotherapeutic practice
- Children’s mental health and emotional well-being
- Children’s story, narrative, and discourse analysis.
Professional Associations, memberships:
- Association for Psychodynamic Practice and Counselling in Organisational Settings
- Group for the Advancement of Psychodynamics and Psychotherapy in Social Work
- Therapeutic Supervision, APPCIOS
- Personality Development over the life stage
- Therapeutic Communication Skills with Adolescents
- both through the Northern School of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
I am interest in all aspects of psychodynamic practice, work groups and human relations including systems psychodynamics and the Psychology of Education.
Systems psychodynamic practice in secondary Education
The Human Rights Act: An easy guide for people with learning disabilities