Office for Students transparency information
Recruitment and achievement
Widening access to and participation in Higher Education is an important priority for the sector. To support this priority, The Office for Students requires institutions to be more transparent with data on admission and achievement; to highlight areas of low participation and achievement as well as areas of success. The following information is available on this page:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
You can also view summary information below.
Applications, offers, acceptances and registrations: 2018-19 entrants
Summary of applications, offers, acceptances and registrations for 2018-19 entrants
|Mode of study||Characteristic||Characteristic split||Number of applications||Percentage of applications that received an offer||Percentage of applications that accepted an offer||Percentage of applications that led to a registration|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||11870||69.0%||24.7%||23.6%|
|3 to 5||18700||79.7%||23.7%||22.7%|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||120||89%||85%||84%|
|3 to 5||320||93%||88%||87%|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||120||90%||85%||85%|
|3 to 5||220||91%||87%||86%|
Attainment: 2017-18 qualifiers
Percentage of first degrees at 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2017-18 qualifiers
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||68.9%|
|3 to 5||80.4%|