Dr Alexandra Anderson is Principal Lecturer in the Department of Management and a member of the international business subject group. She has held senior commercial positions and her principal role at Sheffield Hallam University is Employer Engagement leading on initiatives to support SMEs. International entrepreneurship is her main area of research and she has undertaken commissioned research projects on supporting SMEs to internationalise. She has designed a range of innovative curriculum projects to support graduate entrepreneurs in the development of their own new ventures. Her teaching interests include enterprise education, international entrepreneurship, global supply chain management and consultancy skills.
- 2001: Post Graduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods,
- 1996: MSc - International Business Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1992: BA - International Business and German, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2016 to date: DBA - Business Administration, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Learning and Development
- 2016: , UK Trade & Investment, United Kingdom
Membership of external committee
- 2016 to 2017: , Inward Investment Group, United Kingdom
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Inward Investment Group - SCR
- Graduate and Postgraduate Consultancy Projects
Sheffield Business School
Anderson, A., & Doole, I. (2016). How do Spike Games segment the global mobile phone gambling market? In International marketing strategy : Analysis, development and implementation. other
Anderson, A. (2016). Gripple: Connecting with International Markets. In International marketing strategy : Analysis, development and implementation.
Anderson, A. (2008). Segmenting the Global Mobile Phone Gaming Market. In Doole, I., & Lowe, R. (Eds.) International Marketing Strategy Analysis, Development and Implementation. (pp. 544). Boston: Cengage Learning EMEA
Anderson, A. (2001). RITS: Regional Indicators and Projects Update (Research Report).
Anderson, A. (2008). Segmenting the global mobile phone gaming market.Boston: Cengage.
Theses / Dissertations
Anderson, A. (2018). International entrepreneurial capabilities:The role of networks in the small multinational enterprise. (Doctoral thesis). Supervised by Johnston, A. http://doi.org/10.7190/shu-thesis-00154
Anderson, A. (2016). Report on International Trade and the Mid Sized Business in the Sheffield City Region.
Anderson, A. (2000). Development of a Regional Approach to International Support - Development of a Regional International Trade Strategy (Evaluation Report).
Anderson, A. (2000). RITS: Assessment of Process and Partnership Mechanisms (Research Report).
Competitve Research Award
- 2017: UK IT, UK IT, United Kingdom