Alexandra Anderson is Principal Lecturer in the International Business and Economics Research Group (IBERG) at Sheffield Business School. She is the project lead for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Business School providing leadership on the development of a range of innovative entrepreneurship initiatives. International entrepreneurship is her main area of research and has undertaken a number of commissioned research projects on supporting SMEs to internationalise. Her teaching interests include international entrepreneurship and consultancy skills, and she has both commercial and academic entrepreneurial experience spanning more than ten years.
- 2001: Post Graduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods,
- 1996: MSc - International Business Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1992: BA - International Business and German, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2016 to date: DBA - Business Administration, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Learning and Development
- 2016: , UK Trade & Investment, United Kingdom
Membership of external committee
- 2016 to 2017: , Inward Investment Group, United Kingdom
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Business, Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Inward Investment Group - SCR
- Graduate and Postgraduate Consultancy Projects
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
Anderson, A., & Doole, I. (2016). How do Spike Games segment the global mobile phone gambling market? In International marketing strategy : Analysis, development and implementation. other
Anderson, A. (2016). Gripple: Connecting with International Markets. In International marketing strategy : Analysis, development and implementation.
Anderson, A. (2008). Segmenting the Global Mobile Phone Gaming Market. In Doole, I., & Lowe, R. (Eds.) International Marketing Strategy Analysis, Development and Implementation. (pp. 544). Boston: Cengage Learning EMEA
Anderson, A. (2008). Segmenting the global mobile phone gaming market.Boston: Cengage.
Theses / Dissertations
Anderson, A. (2018). International entrepreneurial capabilities:The role of networks in the small multinational enterprise. (Doctoral thesis). Supervised by Johnston, A. http://doi.org/10.7190/shu-thesis-00154
Anderson, A. (2016). Report on International Trade and the Mid Sized Business in the Sheffield City Region.
Anderson, A. (2001). RITS: Regional Indicators and Projects Update (Research Report).
Anderson, A. (2000). Development of a Regional Approach to International Support - Development of a Regional International Trade Strategy (Evaluation Report).
Anderson, A. (2000). RITS: Assessment of Process and Partnership Mechanisms (Research Report).
Competitve Research Award
- 2017: UK IT, UK IT, United Kingdom