Dr Amr Algarhi, BSc, MA, MSc, PhD, FHEA
Senior Lecturer in Economics
Dr Algarhi holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Exeter. He joined Sheffield Hallam University in 2014, and is currently a Senior Lecturer in Economics and the Course Leader of the BSc (Hons) Economics programme at Sheffield Business School.
Dr Algarhi is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). His main teaching areas are econometrics, time series analysis, statistics, mathematical economics and macroeconomics. He is also a keen researcher, and his main research interest is econometric theory, time series analysis, semiparametric inference, financial econometrics, macroeconomics, monetary economics, energy economics and international trade.
To learn more about Dr Algarhi’s teaching and research profile, please follow the links below or visit his personal website: www.algarhi.com
- 2015: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2013: PhD Economics, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2008: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Programme, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- 2007: MSc (distinction) Economics and Econometrics, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- 2006: MA (distinction) Economics, American University in Cairo
- 2003: BSc Economics, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, Egypt, Egypt
- Advanced Topics in Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Statistics, Maths for Economics, Quantitative Methods for Finance, Quantitative Research Methods
- Econometric theory, Time series analysis, Semiparametric inference, Financial econometrics, Applied econometrics, Macroeconomics, Monetary economics, Energy economics, International economics, Economic growth
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
Algarhi, A. (2015). Local Whittle estimation in stationary systems: Evidence from US and Canada inflation". Ozean Journal of Applied Science, 6 (2), 45-54.
Algarhi, A. (2015). Long memory in the Egyptian stock market returns. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 110, 27-46.
Algarhi, A. (2015). Oil and Economic growth in Egypt. Assadissa, Institut des Finances Basil Fuleihan, 107-134.
Algarhi, A. (2014). The interactions between monetary and fiscal policy rule. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 29.
Oyebowale, A., & Algarhi, A. (n.d.). Macroeconomic determinants of economic growth in Africa. International Review of Applied Economics.