- To act as Course Leader for the BA (Hons) Early Years Top Up course,developing the quality and relevance of the programme
- To manage admissions for the BA (Hons) Early Years Top Up
- To act as an accredited lead assessor moderator, mentor and tutor for Early Years Teacher Status programme, undertaking assessments against National Standards
- To develop co-operative and collaborative relationships with Workforce Development Managers within Local Authorities and others in the Early Years sector within a defined geographical area
- To act as Module Leader and tutor on BA Hons in Early Years course with a focus on Leadership and Management in Early Years
- To deliver lectures, seminars and workshops as required, as part of EYTS and other University programmes in the Early Years sector
I have had a variety of roles which focus on people and learning, supporting their development to reach their potential; I began by working in careers guidance and having progressed to developing services for youth employment, I worked in the private sector for a youth training company as placements manager. I moved to work in the Government Agency , Manpower Services Commission, and the Department for Employment, focussing on policy development for Youth Training, Management Development and Business Skills Development within the Department, as well as Initiating Staff Development programmes across the Department locations as a manager in the Staff College in Sheffield. During this period I also had a very interesting and rewarding secondment to the World Student Games organisation to develop and organise the delivery of the training programme for the Volunteers programme.
I moved on to have more direct business development and leadership experience within my Husband's company and then through setting up my own private nursery in Sheffield. This was followed by a period as an Advisory Teacher for Early Years with Derbyshire County Council, prior to taking up my post of Senior Lecturer with Sheffield Hallam University in 2007.
Leadership and management development
Early Years curriculum development Children's Emotional Well Being
Creativity and child led learning Developing provision that meets the needs of children 0-3 years
Social Sciences and Arts
Knowledge transfer Project in 2012 with Rotherham MBC looking at Development of a CPD package on Effective Provision for Children aged 0 - 3 years.
Thrive Licensed Practitioner support to early years settings
External Examiner for Early Years Fda and BA Hons programme at Warwickshire College.