Senior lecturer in supply chain management
I am an experienced senior lecturer in the business, operations and systems subject group at the Sheffield Business School. I am also the course leader for the MSc Total Quality Management and Organisational Excellence distance learning course.
My interests include engaging with roles such as journal reviewer for the Sheffield Hallam University Student Engagement and Experience Journal, mentor for the Sheffield Enterprise Agency and Managing Director of the Professional Women Society.
I have a background in computer science, having achieved a BSc and an MSc in this area. I am keen on continuous professional and personal development, to this effect I have achieved a PhD in e-supply chain management which resulted in direct links with my current teaching portfolio. In terms of continuous professional development I am regularly involved in events in the areas of project management, knowledge management, innovation and quality.
- supply chain management
- business management
- business systems
- operations management
- Total Quality Management
- supervisory role on the PhD and DBA programmes
My current research is focused in the areas of quality, operations and information technology. I have a significant research portfolio which directly contributes to the development of the teaching materials utilised in the classroom.
- 2016: European Foundation Quality Management Excellence model,
- 2003: PhD E-Supply Chain Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1994: MSc Computing Science, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1992: BSc Computing Science, Staffordshire University
Learning and Development
- 2011 to 2013: Sheffield Enterprise Agency, Yorkshire Chambers Eneterprise Consortia, United Kingdom
Membership of external committee
- 2015 to 2016: International Supply Chain Management Symposium, International Supply Chain Management Symposium, Canada
- 2014: , British Computer Society (BCS), United Kingdom
- 2014: BRITISH COMPUTER SOCIETY, British Computer Society (BCS), United Kingdom
PG External Examiner
- 2014 to 2016: Nottingham Trent university, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
- Post Graduate Research - PhD
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Business Operations and Systems
2015 to 2016: Module Leader, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
2004 to 2014: Supply Chain Management and Partnering, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
2004 to 2016: course Leader, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Khmeleva, E., Hopgood, A.A., Tipi, L., & Shahidan, M. (2018). Fuzzy-logic controlled genetic algorithm for the rail-freight crew-scheduling problem. KI - Künstliche Intelligenz, 32 (1), 61-75. http://doi.org/10.1007/s13218-017-0516-6
Shahidan, M. (2016). Electronic Supply chain management in UK manufacturing. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal.
Shahidan, M., Pandya, K., kumar Barua, M., & Minh Thu, V.T. (2019). Corporate Governance Feature on Capital Structure Decision of Vietnamese' firms. In British Academy of Management Corporate Governance Conference.
Khmeleva, E., Tipi, L., & Shahidan, M. (2014). Rail-Freight Crew Scheduling with a Genetic Algorithm.
Fatorachian, H., Shahidan, M., & Kazemi, H. (2013). Role of Internet in Supply Chain Integration: Empirical Evidence From Manufacturing SMEs Within the UK. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 9TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE, 66-75.
Kazemi, H., Fatorachian, H., & Shahidan, M. (2013). Role of Internet in supply chain integration; empirical evidence form manufacturing SMEs within UK. European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance (ECMLG).
Theses / Dissertations
Holmes, K.J. (2016). Management innovations : Their adoption, diffusion and high-fidelity adaptation. (Doctoral thesis). Supervised by Shahidan, M.
Khmeleva, E. (2016). Evolutionary algorithms for scheduling operations. (Doctoral thesis). Supervised by Shahidan, M.
Chiegil, R.J. (n.d.). Impact of national culture on aid effectiveness in Nigeria. (Doctoral thesis). Supervised by Shahidan, M., & Couch, O. http://doi.org/10.7190/shu-thesis-00081
Shahidan, M. (2011). Logistic Impact on food price, International conference of Quality and service sciences.
Shahidan, M. (2011). Supply Chain Management and Innovation.
- 2015:Supervisor (1 student)
- 2015:Director of Studies (1 student)
- 2013:Director of Studies (1 student)
- 2013:Director of Studies (1 student)
- 2010:Director of studies (1 student)
- 2008:Director of Studies (1 student)