I have worked as a public health nutritionist for the past 20 years and gained experience in community development, programme evaluation and research. I joined the academic team at SHU in 2008 and have developed teaching expertise in public health nutrition, plus research interests in maternal and infant health, behaviour change and food poverty.
- 2002: Doctorate - Working Patterns and Food Behaviour within the Context of Family Life, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1999: Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1997: MMSc Human Nutrition, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- 1995: BSc Medical Electronics, University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Nutrition; public health; maternal and infant health; behaviour change; food poverty;
- Nutrition and public health
Sheffield Business School
Rundle, R., Soltani, H., & Duxbury, A. (2018). Exploring the views of young women and their healthcare professionals on dietary habits and supplementation practices in adolescent pregnancy: a qualitative study. BMC Nutrition, 4 (45). http://doi.org/10.1186/s40795-018-0254-7
Soltani, H., Duxbury, A., Rundle, R., & Marvin-Dowle, K. (2017). Dietary habits and supplementation practices of young women during pregnancy: an online cross-sectional survey of young mothers and health care professionals. BMC Nutrition, 3 (1), 1-15. http://doi.org/10.1186/s40795-017-0137-3
Soltani, H., Duxbury, A.M.S., Rundle, R., & Chan, L.N. (2015). A systematic review of the effects of dietary interventions on neonatal outcomes in adolescent pregnancy. Evidence Based Midwifery, 13 (1), 29-34.
Rundle, R., Duxbury, A., & Soltani, H. (2015). An exploratory study of young women’s food choices and compliance with supplementation recommendations during pregnancy.
Nield, L., & Rundle, R. (2015). The impact of antenatal food safety advice on dietary behaviour during pregnancy. Presented at: International Society of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity Conference
Paxman, J., & Rundle, R. (2014). Mapping Sheffield-based Nutrition Enterprises.
Competitve Research Award
- 2016: Hora Soltani - Diet in Pregnancy, Medical Research Council (MRC), United Kingdom
- 2013: Tommy's Charity Project, Tommy's, United Kingdom