I lead and teach on two third year modules, Postcolonial Media Culture and Globalisation and the Media for the BA in Media and the BA in Media and Public Relations.
I am currently supervising four doctoral students, and I am an active member of the research centre CCRC (Communication and Computing Research Centre). I am currently developing a new module on environment, ecology and the media.
Science, Technology and Arts
- Communication and Computing Research Centre
- Cultural Communication and Computing Research Institute
- postcolonial theory and media cultures
- globalisation theories and media developments
- italian media culture
- international museums of cinema and film festivals
I am currently completing a major study on international museums of cinema, which involved field research in five museums at European and international level. In particular the study has researched their history, development, collections and current activities in the light of their role as cultural institutions and preservers of collective visual memory and identity.