Dr. Rondy de Silva is a Senior Lecturer in International Business at the Sheffield Business School and is also the course leader for the EPAS accredited MSc in International Business programme. She also holds the role of International Recruitment Manager. In her academic role Rondy specialises in subjects related to international business management which help build the links between theory and practice. Rondy is actively engaged in international business as part of the Sheffield Business School and supports international partnership development, student recruitment and university profile raising activities in India and the sub-continent.
Rondy's research specialisms are in transnational entrepreneurship, institutions and institutional Voids in emerging markets.
- 2016: Doctorate of Business Administration, International Business, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2012: Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (PGCTLHE), Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2005: MA Political Communication, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- 1993: Associate Teacher's Diploma, Other, United Kingdom
Chair of national or international conference
- 2016: , International Entrepreneurship Forum (IEF), United Kingdom
- 2015: , Christ University, India
Member of professional body
- 2017: , European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ECSB), Finland
- 2016: , European International Business Academy, Belgium
- 2012: , Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
Senior University leadership or strategic project role
Member of University committee
- 2016: , European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Belgium
- International Business
- International business, Economics and Entrpreneurship
- Partnership development
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
2011 to present: Professional Skills in International Business, Managing International Business, Consultancy Projects, Dissertation Supervision, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
De Silva, R. (2015). How transnational entrepreneurs are responding to institutional voids: A study of transnational entrepeneurs from Sri Lanka. South Asian Journal of Management, 22 (2), 61-80.
De Silva, R. (2018). Transnational Entrepreneurship in a Post Conflict Society. In Elo, M., & Minto-Coy, I. (Eds.) Diaspora Networks in International Business. New York: Springer
De Silva, R. (2017). Institutional Voids and their Impact on Transnational Entrepreneurship: A Study of Sri Lankan Entrepreneurs; : A Study of Sri Lankan Entrepreneurs in Transnational Entrepreneurship: Issues of SME Internationalization in the Indian Context. In Manimala, M.J., Wasdani, K.P., & Vijaygopal, A. (Eds.) Institutional Voids and their Impact on Transnational Entrepreneurship. New York: Springer
De Silva, R. (2017). Capitalising on Institutional Voids in Emerging Markets, the case of Sri Lankan Entrepreneurs.
De Silva, R. (2017). Institutional Voids as opportunities, evidence from Sri Lanka.
Johnston, A., De Silva, R., & Sharpe, D. (2016). Value Diversity from Foreignness: How Transnational entrepreneurs adopt bi-focality to recognise institutional differences and identify voids.
De Silva, R. (2015). How Transnational Entrepreneurs are Responding To Institutional Voids. Presented at: Transnational Entrepreneurs and International SMEs in Emerging Economies: Drivers and Strategies organised The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and San Jose University. Held in Bangalore, India
De Silva, R. (2015). Transnational Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies through the institutional lens.
Prize or best paper
- 2015: Best Conceptual Paper Award, Indian Institute of Management, India