Use our libraries
Become an Associate Member
You can continue to access our libraries at both campuses for free after you finish your course by becoming an Associate Member. After registering, you can:
- use the libraries whenever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- borrow up to 3 books at a time (use Library Search to check availability and location)
- access a range of electronic databases and journals when you visit the libraries.
Registration is free for alumni, lasts for a year, and can be renewed as many times as you like.
How to register
To register for Associate Membership, please complete our online form. You will need to upload:
- photo ID, e.g. a driving licence or passport
- your degree certificate or a copy of correspondence from the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO) containing your name and alumni ID (e.g email or newsletter from DARO)
- proof of home address, such as a utility bill dated from within the last 3 months
- a passport-style photo of yourself for your Associate Member SHUcard.
Scanned copies or digital photographs are acceptable.
We are now able to offer access to a selection of online library resources off campus, including some electronic journals. You will need to create Your Graduate Profile and log in to get access to these resources.
Phone us on 0114 225 2222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org