Fill skills gaps and get short-term support with work placements
Work placements can support your business with skilled talent bespoke to your needs. Whether you are a small start-up business or a large global organisation you can work with our team to understand how we can support you to recruit talent into your business.
By working with our students, you can gain additional support and resource for your organisation whilst providing real-world industry experience. We can work with your business to understand your needs and support you to strengthen your future talent pipeline for the future.
There are a number of placement options available to discuss with us
• Short placements team you up with a student or group of students. Depending on the course you could have a student in your team on a placement between 120 hours and 8 weeks as part of their course in curriculum.
• Undergraduate Sandwich placements (you may call these an Internship at your organisation), last between 24 and 48 weeks, with students joining you between their second and third year of study from June to September time.
• Postgraduate placements last between 24 and 48 weeks with students who can join you either in January or September (there is some flexibility depending on courses so please talk to us). Many of these students have previous work experience but wish to gain industry specific experience to their course type. Some of our students are from an international background so they will bring new perspectives to your businesses. This is a great advantage for your future recruitment.
More info here on the new 2-year graduate work visa.
What are the benefits?
Hiring placement students is a great way to
• strengthen your team without committing to permanent contracts
• gives you flexibility in your organisation to deliver projects you’ve had on hold due to capacity and resource
• gain fresh perspectives for your business, potentially new global perspectives
• complete projects without using your core resources
• meet potential future recruits
Our placement opportunities
We currently offer postgraduate placement opportunities in the following areas:
• Tourism, Hospitality and Aviation • Food, Marketing and Product Development • International business management, Global MBA • IT and Big Data • Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Automation control and robotics • Logistics and Supply Chain • Real Estate, Construction and Quantity Surveying • International relations and global crises •
Our dedicated Employer Partnerships team will work with you every step of the way. They’ll ensure that you find a placement student that suits your business and gets great results.
Please contact us to discuss what may best suit your requirements on 0114 225 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our placement success stories below.
Why Rise at Seven hire our placement students
By offering placement opportunities, Rise at Seven has helped create the next generation of superstars.
Helping Kitlocker kick-off their business
Our work placement students have helped Kitlocker become a market leader.
The student idea that could change casual dining
Hiring placement students helped Barnsley Council revolutionise its hospitality offer.
Why PepsiCo hires our placement students
Pepsico hire placement students so they can create a trained, reliable graduate workforce.
“They’re part of the team, helping us grow the business.”
How placement students can take your business to the next level.