Project Director: Jan Gilbertson
Project Duration: 2019-2020
The team at CRESR is supporting Speakup Self Advocacy in developing the Prioritise Me training and undertaking a small scale evaluation which will be submitted to the Energy Saving Trust.
“Prioritise Me” will give innovative, accessible and interactive advice and training about the energy and energy providers to vulnerable people with learning disabilities and/or autism. The aim of the project is
- To design and develop a unique training package that which will give maximum impact for our targeted vulnerable cohort to support them to make more effective choices in the energy market.
- To work in collaboration with our partners and in co-production with people with learning disabilities and/or autism, to support people to understand the energy market.
- To give advice and information about the priorities services register and signpost people to the correct support to ensure that they are included in this register.
- To support the development of new ideas and resources with graphic designers, which will aid accessibility, understanding capacity for our vulnerable cohort.
- To test the training and resources with 25 external organisations for evaluation purposes.
- To evaluate and report to the Energy Saving Trust, looking at what is going well, what can be improved and what we need to change to make this project the best it can be.
- To launch a training package on Speakup’s website together with short film scenarios and ‘talking heads’ evaluations of the work.
The project team also includes Beth Speake (Sheffield Hallam University).