Local residents

Sheffield Hallam students are required to abide by the student charter, which they sign up to when joining the University. This code provides the standards of behaviour expected of all our students, both on and off campus.

When students are found to have broken the charter, we take action in a number of ways depending on the circumstances. Previously this has included:

  • advisory communications, to ensure students are aware of the importance of responsible behaviour in the wider community.
  • initial sanctions, including formal warnings and forms of restorative justice in the community.
  • major sanctions, up to and including permanent including exclusion from the University.

If residents experience any issues that cannot be resolved through informal conversations, you can call our 24-hour helpline on 0114 225 2000, or you can make a formal report using the online form below.

After submitting the form residents will receive an acknowledgement. You can expect the University to get in touch within 2 working days to confirm how the report will be investigated. Furthermore, those making a report will also be provided with an update on the outcome of any investigation.

Residents are encouraged to report noise nuisance to Sheffield City Council, whilst any serious incident or illegal activity should always be reported to the Police. Also, any suspected breaches of Covid-19 guidelines should be reported to the Police directly.

Share this page