We value high-achieving international students at Sheffield Hallam University. Our Transform Together Scholarships are meant for you as you start your full-time taught course in 2023–24.
We award these scholarships based on a demonstration of your excellent academic achievement and your potential to represent the University as an ambassador.
What you could get
A half fee waiver (50% discount) is available for undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses for the first year of study.
Transform Together scholarships
- are applied as a tuition fee reduction in your first year of study.
- cannot be transferred or deferred to a later start date.
Remember, you can only receive one scholarship or award for each course of study.
Who can apply
You can apply for a Transform Together Scholarship if you:
- have been offered a place on a full-time undergraduate degree course or postgraduate taught course at Sheffield Hallam University starting in September 2023
- are an international fee-paying student
- are fully-self financing your studies. This means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer.
- You are classed as self-funded if a family member or friend funds your studies.
- are able to pay the remainder of your tuition fee and any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips.
- must meet the English and academic requirements for your course.
- if you are progressing from a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree to a masters degree, or from a Sheffield Hallam International Foundation Programme to an undergraduate programme.
If you are applying at postgraduate level, you also need to:
- have at least a 2.1 or equivalent in your undergraduate degree
- be entering postgraduate study for the first time, have not been awarded a postgraduate qualification either in the UK or overseas in the past. Transform Together postgraduate scholarships are strictly for students progressing from undergraduate to postgraduate study.
You cannot apply if you:
- are already enrolled upon the Sheffield Hallam University course for which you are applying for a scholarship
- have previously received a Transform Together Scholarship at the same level of study
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK
- are applying for a foundation programme
If you are applying for a foundation programme, you will be able to apply for the scholarship when you progress to an undergraduate degree course.
We reserve the right to only consider applicants for a scholarship if they have accepted an offer for their course of study. We strongly advise applicants to accept their offer of a place on the course by the scholarship closing date.
How to apply
There are three steps to your scholarship application.
- Apply for your chosen course. You can see all of the courses we offer on our prospectus. You must have applied for a place on one of our courses before the scholarship application deadline or your application will not be considered.
- Submit a Transform Together scholarship application form.
- Send your academic transcripts to email@example.com.
The closing date for Transform Together scholarship applications is 31 May 2023.
The application form
We will use your application form to understand what makes you stand out. Tell us about your achievements so far, and about how you will be an ambassador for the University during and after your studies.
The form will also ask for your student identifier (SI) number. This is an eight-digit number that we sent you after processing your application.
Your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not provide your SI number on the online scholarship application form.
What happens next
If you are successful, we will contact you at the end of June. This will be by email using the email address provided on your scholarship application. Please also check your spam folder for an email from us.
The scholarship will be applied as a reduction of fees for your first year of study.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback if your application is not successful.
Transform Together Scholarship terms and conditions
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided in the online scholarship application form only.
- You must be able to evidence the level of academic achievement stated on your scholarship application by submitting a transcript or certificate stating your final result (including percentage/GPA/CGPA) by the scholarship closing date.
- You must provide your eight-digit Student Identifier (SI) number on the online scholarship application form. This is given to you by the University when your course application has been processed. We reserve the right to only consider applicants for a scholarship if they provide this number on their scholarship application.
- Scholarships are awarded as a tuition fee reduction and apply to fees payable in the first year of study only. No cash alternative is available.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and your course lasts for more than one academic year, you will be required to pay full tuition fees after the first academic year of your course. Scholarships are for the first year of study only.
- Scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to a later start date.
- Only one financial incentive (scholarship, award, bursary or discount) is permitted for each course of study. If you are eligible for more than one type of fee waiver or discount, the highest value offer will apply.
- The University reviews and updates our scholarship offer annually, therefore the offer is subject to change each academic year.
- All decisions on eligibility for scholarships and award of scholarships are at the University's discretion and are final.
- We do not provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
- You must meet the entry requirements in your offer letter before you can enrol.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you are still required to pay any relevant deposits and 50% of your reduced tuition fee before enrolment.
You can use our web enquiry form to contact us if you have any questions about the scholarship application process or need help with your application.