About the libraries
We have a library at each campus, both open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Come and study at any time – just remember your SHUcard. There are always security staff here, giving you a safe environment to work in.
- access books, resource lists, ebooks and databases through the library gateway
- book PCs, meeting rooms and other study spaces
- work in a space to suit you – including silent, quiet and group areas
- get support at the helpdesk
- borrow a laptop
- print, copy or scan on all floors of the library
- go to a study skills workshop or a drop-in session
- use specialist software on a PC or Mac
- connect to the Wi-Fi
Visiting the library
If you're not a Sheffield Hallam student or a member of staff, you can still use our libraries during staffed opening hours.
To come in for the day, just bring ID with you (such as a passport, driving licence, utility bill or identity card) and speak to a member of staff on reception.
If you need to use the library regularly, you can register to become an associate member at one of our helpdesks, giving you access 24 hours a day, all year round.
- browse and read our print collections
- register to borrow up to three books
- visit the Special Collection
- use our study spaces