By joining our doctoral student research scheme you will have
- supervision with active researchers in your chosen area
- access to world class equipment, research laboratories and resources
- part-time teaching to enhance your PhD experience and maximise employability
- funding to help with study costs
- a vibrant calendar of events, research talks and workshops. We will host the 2019 Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group Conference.
- membership of the PhD forum and research interest groups
- awards for high-achieving students
Current research students
Our current students are studying topics across a broad and diverse range of applied social science topics. They are encouraged to disseminate their work through peer-reviewed publications and conference attendance. Each year students organise their own research symposium to present their work.
Some of our recent studies have addressed
- how bilinguals store and access words in dual languages
- The Threat to Disrupt and Target in transnational child sex offenders
- the effects of augmenting nutrition after a traumatic brain injury
- the barriers and facilitators to weight management in pregnancy
- metacognitive analyses of internatational students' experience of UK education
- the transition to fatherhood
- tracking eye movement to social stimuli after a traumatic brain injury
- Hosting the Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group Conference 2019
Get in touch and apply today
We welcome enquiries from potential research students - why not contact us today?