Your SHUcard is used for identification and building access across campus. You can find information about how to top up your printing account on MyHallam.
Where do I use my SHUcard?
- Hallam Active Gym
- Research and Innovation Office
How to get a SHUcard
All cards are requested via My Student Record on the ‘My Enrolment and Fees‘ page or the SHU Online store. SHUcards are produced on site and you may request to collect or have it posted at the point of order. Posted cards are sent via second class mail to the address provided. You can request to collect your SHUcard from 38-40 Howard Street, S1 2LX (18 September - 27 October) between 9.30am - 4pm. From 30 October onwards, collection will be from Head Post Office, S1 2JH or Aspect Court, S1 2BG.
- Students cannot get a SHUcard until they are fully enrolled. All new students will receive an email link to the online form after they have been fully enrolled. New students can apply via Log in to the portal (shu.ac.uk).
- Students opting to have their card posted are required to provide a full postal address including; flat numbers/building name, road name and postcode.
- The option to collect a SHUcard is available from 18 September onwards.
- Students are required to upload a JPG photo when making their application. A card cannot be produced if this format is not used.
- Any photos that do not meet the guidelines will be rejected.
- Once photos are approved a notification is sent to the student. A further notification will be sent after the card has been produced and posted. This may take up to 10 days to arrive.
- Access to the library is automatic. Any other access linked to studies will be added if required by the subject. To add additional access visit 38/40 Howard Street, S1 2LX 18 September - 27 September and from 30 September onwards go to Head Post Office, S1 2JH.
- For enrolment system problems, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other staff and student cards are ordered via the online store.
Customers are required to register with the online store before an order can be placed.
- New photos can be downloaded if required.
- For lost and damaged student cards a £10 charge is applicable.
- If your card is stolen, a crime reference number is required to get a replacement card free of charge.
Returning students/Expired cards
- Returning students who have out of date cards will need to enter the old card details when filling in the form on the online store.
- Once a new card is produced all access, including the library, will cease to work on the old card.
- SHUcards can be requested to be posted out or collected.
- Library access is automatic, any other access must be linked to the subject. This needs to be requested at the time of application and will take 48 hours to activate.
- Please include your Student/Staff ID in any correspondence.
- If you have any problems ordering via the online store, please email email@example.com.
If you need help obtaining a SHUcard please phone 0114 225 5555 Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm or email ! SHU-Student Card Replacement.