Musculoskeletal health is the greatest predictor of maintaining our independence as we get older, as well as playing a key role in underpinning sporting and athletic performance. Our research theme aim is to conduct research and consultancy projects primarily around the health benefits of strength and resistance training. This work incorporates participants across the lifespan, ranging from elite sport performers to frail older adults.
Current research projects
- Strength for Life: consultancy-based project to deliver strength training to older adults
- Role of resistance exercise in weight management
- In-patient strength training
- Digital innovations to optimise strength training
- Monitoring risk factors for hamstring strain injury
- Interventions to prevent deconditioning during COVID-19 lockdown