Creative digital design professional
Level 6 degree apprenticeship
Gain a degree whilst developing highly-valued creative digital design knowledge and skills – learning and earning on the job.
About the apprenticeship
Course length: 3 years, part-time
Start date: September 2024
Course level: Level 6
University award: BA (Hons) Creative Digital Design
How much it costs: funded through the employer
- Combine user-centred design methods, digital media skills, and leadership and apply them to projects across diverse professional settings.
- Provides the framework for you to create and deliver compelling digitally enabled design solutions to clients, across a range of sectors and contexts.
You will typically work in one of the following roles:
- Application Designer
- Creative Artworker
- Creative Design Manager
- Creative Designer
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Web Designer
This course meets the creative digital design professional apprenticeship standard.
How you learn
You'll work collaboratively in teams and interact with a wide range of stakeholders and third parties, making sure that designs convey their brand messages through creative digital assets.
Applied work-based projects equip you with the knowledge, skills, and behaviours you need to meet digital design challenges across multiple sectors, including:
- digital and creative
- retail and sales
- health innovation
- government departments
As you progress through the apprenticeship, you'll become responsible for producing digitally enabled design solutions that respond to briefs developed with clients.
You will spend 10 days on campus per academic year, plus 10 days online teaching. You’ll use anytime-access resources for workplace learning, and employers are expected to allow half a day of study time per week.
You will progress through the course following successful achievement of assessments, which address the learning outcomes for each module and allow you to complete the course.
You'll study at our City Campus, with access to cutting edge facilities. You'll benefit from the world-class expertise of our teaching staff, who bring a multi-disciplinary approach to business education.
Apprentices can be existing employees looking to develop their careers, or new applicants to the business.
- be over 18
- not be in full time education
- have the right to abode in the UK
- meet the course entry requirements
GCSE (or equivalent)
Maths and English at level 2 or above (grade 4, or previously C)
If you don't have this yet, you'll need to achieve this level before you take your end-point assessment.
UCAS points and college grades
Plus one of the following:
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications.
- 96 UCAS points from three A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications.
We may be flexible in our normal offer if you can show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience. This must show that you'll benefit from and finish the course successfully.
- Core values
- CDD research & methods
- Personal and professional development 1
- Digital media practice 1: creative design solutions
- Data economies
- Bridging digital & physical experiences
- Personal and professional development 2
- Digital media practice 2: developing design strategies
- Digital design futures
- Personal and professional development 3
- CDD projects
- Creative digital design professional end-point assessment
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change.
If you are an applicant
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must first have a suitable employer who can support your application. We can support you to encourage your employer to offer an apprenticeship. You will then apply for the course through them.
If you don’t currently have a job, we can help you find an apprenticeship.
If you are an employer
If you want to offer an apprenticeship for an existing employee or a new recruit, get in touch.
If you have 15 or more potential apprentices, we can tailor the programme to your business.