Payment methods and refunds
Deposits and tuition fees may be paid in a number of ways
International payment - pay now with Flywire
We have partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide in your own currency. With real-time tracking and around-the-clock multilingual support, millions of students and families around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.
Advantages of paying through Flywire
• Flywire supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
• Flywire offers convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 140+ currencies.
• Flywire provides a Best Price Guarantee: if you find a better exchange rate at your bank within two hours of booking a local currency bank transfer with Flywire and you send them a quote from your bank, they will match it.
• Flywire offers peace of mind by providing real-time payment tracking every step of the way through email, in-app and text alerts.
• Flywire offers around-the-clock multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
• Flywire provides a secure and streamlined refunding process with automatic tracking notifications.
How it works
To make your payment please click the link below. Please ensure you click the correct link for the payment you are making.
Debit or credit card payments
To pay by debit or credit card visit our online payments system website.
You may be charged for currency conversion or have to pay interest if you do not clear your balance straight away.
If you pay by bank transfer it is important to ask the bank to quote your University student reference number, family name and date of birth on the transfer document. You can find your student reference number on your offer letter.
Your bank may charge you for making the transfer and for currency conversion. You should notify us of your intention to pay by bank transfer in your acceptance letter.
Use the following University bank details
|Bank||HSBC Bank plc|
|Bank address||Carmel House, 49 -63 Fargate, Sheffield|
|Account name||Sheffield Hallam University|
If your application for a student visa is refused, or if you change your mind during the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you are entitled to the refund of your deposit and/or any course fees. The finance office at Sheffield Hallam University will initiate a request for a refund within seven working days of receiving evidence of visa refusal. The speed of the refund will depend on the payment method used.
Students are entitled to a refund of any overpayment of tuition fees in line with the University's terms and conditions. Where possible, refunds will be made using the same method as the original payment and will be in pounds sterling.
Credit or debit card
Refunds are made to the same credit or debit card from which the payment was received and should be credited to the account within five working days of the transaction being processed.
Refunds will be made to the same bank account from which the payment was received. We will require full details and evidence of the payment from the bank account to make a refund payment.
If you are ever concerned about a request for payment being genuine please contact us on +44 (0) 114 225 5555 or email email@example.com before making any payments and we will check the request and ensure it is not fraudulent prior to any payment being made.