Advanced Interventions and Evaluation in Mental Health
This module aims to support the acquisition of knowledge, skills and attributes that are necessary to plan, implement and evaluate mental health interventions at an advanced level. Emphasis will be on collaboration, clinical confidence and leadership. It is relevant to mental health professionals who have an interest in, or require an understanding of biopsychosocial strategies to address complexity in practice. The module will build on existing knowledge and skills via appraisal of evidence, and reflective learning with support to establish enduring communities of practice beyond the classroom.
The module is aimed at senior mental health staff of all disciplines who have a responsibility for engaging and managing complex mental health care situations. It forms a key part of our Advanced Clinical Practice route in mental health, but can be taken as a standalone module and related broadly across the mental health clinical terrain.
Themes covered: Occupational Approaches, Out of Hours Responses, Psychologically Informed Practice and Evaluation.
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student : £710
This module attracts Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF by the following schemes:
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
- Advanced Diploma or Degree that resulted in registration as a qualified health professional.
- Any other equivalent qualifications will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Completion of the Advanced Assessment, Formulation and Treatment Planning in Mental Health module is advantageous.
- Relevant work experience.
- Relevant workplace opportunities and organisational support.
- A reliable internet connection.
- Where English is not your first language you must supply IELTS scores.
The above must be evidenced in your application form.
This module is delivered via distance learning
View our statement on notional study hours »
Planned for January 2023
4 study days over 8 weeks on Mondays
3000 word case study and critical reflection
- Case Study
- Critical Reflection
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits
For further information please contact the module leader Jo Painter - firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the student experience team: