Evidencing Your CPD (30 credits)
The module is designed to help you build upon prior learning you have undertaken through non-accredited means and demonstrate achievement of 30 level 7 academic credits, as part of an identified postgraduate study course. This may be a training course from your practice area or other provider, conference attendance, self study activity, service development or other continuing professional development activity.
This module is also available as a 15 credit module
Who the module is aimed at
The module is suitable for all professionals undertaking an identified postgraduate study course. It provides the opportunity to enhance your personal and professional development through planning and justifying a package of evidence to demonstrate achievement of 30 level 7 academic credits as part of an identified postgraduate study course.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
Application to and reflection upon learning and practice are a key focus of the module, alongside support to develop your academic writing skills and target dissemination of outcomes to a relevant audience to inform practice development and patient care.
What you learn
This module allows you to demonstrate autonomy in your learning by being largely responsible for the form, content, pace, place and evidence of learning. You will be supported to evidence achievement of the module learning outcomes:
- Plan and justify a package of evidence to demonstrate achievement of personal & professional development goals.
- Compile and critically appraise a diverse range of evidence, expertly communicate the ideas, information, arguments and outcomes of learning in written, verbal or visual formats relevant to the specific needs of a target audience.
- Critically reflect upon the product and learning resulting from the activity. Critically evaluate impact on practice.
General areas covered
The module content will be unique and individually determined and justified by you in negotiation with the module leader. However, it is anticipated that the following aspects will provide a core foundation for achievement of the learning outcomes:
- Forming personal and professional goals & learning outcomes, driving your CPD.
- Evidencing learning and development
- Masters level academic writing
- Reflecting on learning & development and models of reflection
- Considering impact of learning & development on practice
- Targeting dissemination of learning & practice/writing for publication
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Reflective practice skills
- Forming personal & professional goals & driving your CPD
- Assessment of the impact of development on practice
- Evaluation of evidence based practice
- Skills for dissemination of practice
To study this distance learning module you will require access to a computer with:
- a reliable internet connection
- Microsoft or Apple Mac Supported Office Software
- the current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Fees and Funding for 2023/24
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £1, 415
EU / International students: £1, 415 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
- You must be enrolled on a level 7 credit bearing course (PgCert, PgDip or MSc) in the Faculty of Health & Wellbeing.
- You must have undertaken relevant prior learning through non-accredited means that you wish to use to evidence your learning and development in the module.
- You must have access to a reliable internet connection
- Where English is not your first language you must be able to supply IELTS scores.
The above must be evidenced in the applicants application form.
This module is delivered via distance learning
Module sites open for induction Monday 20th May 2024
Module starts Mon 27th May 2024
Please contact the Module Leader for further information.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Image Interpretation
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Musculoskeletal Management
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Radiotherapy and Oncology
- MSc Enhanced Diagnostic Imaging Practice
- MSc Enhanced Radiotherapy and Oncology Practice
- MSc Health and Social Care Education
- MSc Prostate Cancer Care
- MSc Radiotherapy Planning Practice
- MSc Supportive, Palliative and End of Life Care
- MSc Vocational Rehabilitation