Leadership in Context
In the continually changing health and social care environment it is imperative that individuals are able to adapt and review how they understand and undertake leadership and management within their roles. Yet it can be difficult to make sense of the growing evidence base, theories and approaches to effective leadership and management.
Who the module is aimed at
All health and social care professionals, including third sector or private organisations.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
You will be supported to develop:
- a critical understanding of the overarching concepts of leadership and management
- determine how this relates to your work and role within your organisation
- a clear plan of your on-going leadership development moving forward
What you learn
We aim to support you in identifying, justifying and planning for the delivery of service improvement within your organisation. In doing so you will develop your understanding of the processes involved and the challenges of leading teams and managing resources.
General areas covered
- Service improvement methodologies
- Using Action Learning Sets as a reflective resource
- Understanding the barriers to change
- Leading without positional power
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Reflective and critical thinking
- Academic writing
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £710
EU / International students: £1,205 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below
- You must have experience of studying and writing at level 6.
- You must have access to a reliable internet connection
- Where English is not your first language you must be able to supply IELTS scores.
The above must be evidenced in your application form.
Blended Learning this module will involve a limited number of face-to-face study days supported by online distance learning activities
This module will commence 31st March 2022. Please contact the Module Leader for further information.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Written Assignment
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits