Leadership in Practice
In the continually changing health and social care environment it is imperative that individuals are able to adapt and review how they understand and undertake leadership and management within their roles. Yet it can be difficult to make sense of the growing evidence base, theories and approaches to effective leadership and management.
This module is ideal for both aspiring and experienced leaders and managers who want to develop an applied understanding of leadership and management in contemporary health and social care.
Who the module is aimed at
All health and social care professionals, including third sector or private organisations.
Benefits of taking the module to the individual, the organisation and the patient
You will be supported to develop:
- a critical understanding of the overarching concepts of leadership and management
- determine how this relates to your work and role within your organisation
- a clear plan of your on-going leadership development moving forward
What you learn
We aim to support you to develop an in-depth understanding of the fields of management and leadership in the contemporary health and social care context, whilst considering your role and future development.
General areas covered
- Overarching concepts of leadership and management
- Leadership overview
- Mapping the field of leadership
- Leadership and learning diagnostic tools
- Leadership learning and development
Skills gained for the workplace, technical skills or academic skills
- Reflective and critical thinking
- Academic writing
Fees and Funding for 2019/20
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home / EU student: £670
International students: £1,125 - this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
This module attracts Learning Beyond Registration/Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (LBR/SSPRD) funding by the following schemes:
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Learning Beyond Registration/Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (LBR/SSPRD) funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below:
- You must have experience of studying and writing at level 6.
- Where English is not your first language you must be able to supply IELTS scores.
The above must be evidenced in your application form.
Blended Learning this module will involve a limited number of face-to-face study days supported by online distance learning activities
This module will commence in October 2019 and requires 3 full days attendance at the University, usually on a Wednesday supported by online distance learning.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Written Assignment
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Image Interpretation
- MSc Enhanced Diagnostic Imaging Practice
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Musculoskeletal Management
- MSc Specialist Physiotherapy Practice
- MSc Vocational Rehabilitation
- MSc Prostate Cancer Care
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Radiotherapy and Oncology
- MSc Health and Social Care Education
- MSc Health and Social Care Leadership