Musculoskeletal Management of the Upper Quadrant
This module is aimed at physiotherapists specialising in musculoskeletal conditions particularly working with upper limb rehabilitation. These aims are in line with the requirements for membership of the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
Benefits of taking the module
The aims of the module are to enhance your expertise and innovative management of neuro-musculoskeletal dysfunctions of the upper quadrant and to develop your advanced clinical skills within neuro-musculoskeletal conditions of the upper quadrant.
What you learn will be supported by face to face teaching sessions including workshops and practical sessions. In order to prepare for the teaching sessions learning materials and specific tasks will be delivered via distance learning.
General areas covered
- Critically evaluate and reflect on comprehensive management of upper quadrant neuro-musculoskeletal dysfunctions and its impact upon therapeutic services
- Critically evaluate and reflect on the theory and evidence that underpins and challenges contemporary concepts of neuro-musculoskeletal management, and clinical practice
- Demonstrate your ability to use advanced clinical skills for the upper quadrant and critically justify and reflect on their application within clinical practice
Skills gained for the workplace
You will develop your practice in line with requirements for registration with the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP). You will be able to pass on your gained knowledge to others, improving overall effectiveness and patient outcome.
The MACP is the UK based specialist interest group within the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT).
Fees and Funding for 2022/23
|Indicative price for stand-alone module||
Home student: £1,415
EU / International students: £2,410- this is part-time study and therefore cannot provide sponsorship for Tier 4.
|How to apply||
To apply for a self-funded place, please complete and return the application form below:
To apply for a Workforce Development / Workforce Transformation funding WDF/WTF funded place, please complete and return the relevant application form below
- BSc Hons Physiotherapy with at least 2 years recent post graduate clinical experience in neuro-musculoskeletal practice
- Where English is not your first language you must supply IELTS scores
The above must be evidenced in your application form
This module is delivered at our Collegiate Crescent Campus
The module is planned to commence delivery in Semester 1. September 2022. Please contact the module leader for further information.
Module assessment is made up of one or more assessment tasks. The assessment task(s) for this module are:
- Written Assignment
Successful completion of this module will earn you 30 level 7 credits