Working while you study
Job vacancies online
We recognise that many students need to work part-time whilst they are studying. Our Student Employment Service
- recruits for hundreds of roles within the university through our Campus Jobs scheme
- advertises part-time and graduate vacancies from a wide range of employers
- recruits students for temporary positions within the university
To view our online job vacancies (once you've enrolled) log into MyHallam and search for 'jobs' in the keyword search.
Advice on work-related issues
Our highly trained staff can also advise you on your employment rights. We can help with issues such as
- equal opportunities legislation
- advice on working hours, particularly the restrictions on international students
- tax and national insurance
As well as helping you find part-time and vacation work, we can also give you information about voluntary work and jobs abroad.
We also offer employers presentations and recruitment and information fairs. These events provide useful opportunities to get more information on the companies you're interested in, and to network with company staff.