Mass spectrometry (MS) is used to solve a range of bioanalytical problems.
A range of projects are in progress which are concerned with the utilisation of matrix assisted laser desorption mass spectrometry imaging (MALDI-MSI) for imaging the distribution of chemicals and biomarkers in a wide range of sample types. We currently have facilities for both standard and high resolution imaging:
- Waters SYNAPT G2-Si High Definition Mass Spectrometer - This instrument can be used in multiple modes for chemical and biological analysis of samples
- Two Bruker Autoflex instrument and Autoflex Speed.
- Bruker Autoflex III - Analysis of samples via MALDI-TOF or TOF/TOF
- Two Bruker Image prep - Maldi sample preparation devices
- Applied Biosystems API QStar Pulsar - Hybrid quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometer for the analysis of biological samples
- Waters Xevo G2-XS QTof - Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for the analysis of biological samples
- Suncollect MALDI Spotter - Coating of samples with matrix prior to MALDI-MS analysis
- Two Suncollect sand - For spray work
- Labcyte Portrait 630 Spotter - Coating of samples with matrix via acoustic droplet ejection prior to MALDI-MS analysis