By joining our doctoral student research scheme you will have:
- supervision with active researchers in your chosen area.
- access to world class equipment, research laboratories and resources.
- part-time teaching to enhance your PhD experience and maximise employability.
- funding to help with study costs.
- a vibrant calendar of events, research talks and workshops.
- membership of the PhD forum and research interest groups.
- awards for high-achieving students.
Current research students
Our current students are studying topics across a broad and diverse range of applied social science topics. They are encouraged to disseminate their work through peer-reviewed publications and conference attendance. Each year students organise their own research symposium to present their work.
Some of our recent studies have addressed:
- how bilinguals store and access words in dual languages.
- The Threat to Disrupt and Target in transnational child sex offenders.
- the effects of augmenting nutrition after a traumatic brain injury.
- the barriers and facilitators to weight management in pregnancy.
- metacognitive analyses of international students' experience of UK education.
- the transition to fatherhood.
- tracking eye movement to social stimuli after a traumatic brain injury.
Get in touch and apply today
We welcome enquiries from potential research students - why not contact us today?
Find out about how to apply for a research degree, then download your postgraduate application form and email it directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org