We love having Sheffield Hallam students continue their studies with us. If you have studied here and completed your degree before or during the academic year 2023/24, you could qualify for a discount towards your postgraduate course fees.
Our alumni scholarships are open to you on many of our full-time courses, as long as you are not receiving any other awards, discounts, or scholarships.
What you could get
If you took your undergraduate degree with us, you could receive one of three scholarships for postgraduate studies.
- £2,000 alumni discount for Class of 2023 and Class of 2024 students for full-time postgraduate courses, including the MFA and MArch courses, starting in the 2024–25 academic year
- £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- 10% Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Studying part-time will impact the amount of your scholarship.
- The £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship will be applied at £500 per year for the first two years.
- There will be no scholarship applied from year three onwards.
- If the course is only one year, you will get a £500 scholarship applied in year one.
- If you complete your masters degree in stages (i.e. PgCert, PgDip, Masters) then you will only be eligible for £1,000.
Who can apply
You may be eligible for our alumni scholarships or discounts if you meet the criteria below.
Scholarships, discounts available and criteria to apply
£2,000 alumni discount
- you have completed a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree, PGCE or PhD from Sheffield Hallam University in the 2023–24 academic year
- you are eligible for Home fees or International fees
- you are applying for an eligible full-time or distance learning course starting in the 2024–25 academic year
Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- you have been awarded a full degree at from us (undergraduate or postgraduate taught)
- you are enrolling onto a postgraduate taught course
*Students who completed Study Abroad at the University and exchange students may also be eligible.
10% Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- you have been awarded a full degree from us (undergraduate or postgraduate taught)
- you are enrolling onto a postgraduate research course
You cannot receive an alumni scholarship if
- you are enrolled on a regulated postgraduate course like PGCE programmes, Department of Health funded courses, or Masters in Architecture
- you are enrolled for only one module of a postgraduate course
How to apply
We will apply alumni scholarships automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you have already applied for or accepted an offer on an eligible course (and meet the other eligibility criteria) don't worry. Any discounts or scholarships will be automatically deducted from your tuition fees.
Remember, you can only receive one scholarship or discount, with the highest value award being applied.
If you have any questions about alumni scholarships or discounts, please contact Hallam Help.