Financial support that has been kindly donated by Hallam supporters.
Thanks to generous donations from our supporters, we can offer a limited number of donor-funded scholarships and bursaries to help students succeed during their time at Sheffield Hallam.
The donors for the 2023/24 academic year include:
- AESSEAL – a global engineering company supporting female engineers of the future.
- The Barratt Foundation – the charity that represents Barratt Developments, a national housebuilder supporting students in the Department of the Natural and Built Environment.
- Donors to the Hallam Fund – supporting innovative projects and learning opportunities, which benefit students and the SHU community.
- Europa – a real estate investment management company supporting real estate students and students in the Department of the Natural and Built Environment.
- Sheffield Hallam Alumni – supporting students most in need to succeed.
What you could receive
Donor-funded scholars will be identified and contacted within their first year.
Successful applicants will be awarded £3,000 per year of study over three years (excluding placement years). This means they will be awarded £9,000 in total.
If you receive a donor-funded scholarship, you will no longer be eligible to apply for the Student Success Scholarship.
Donor-funded bursaries are smaller one-off payments. Award amounts will differ each year depending on the funds available and how many students are selected to receive a bursary.
If you are selected to receive a donor-funded bursary, the payment will be made in addition to the Student Success Scholarship.
Who can apply
To be considered for a donor-funded award, you must meet the eligibility criteria for the Student Success Scholarship.
How and when to apply
You will automatically be considered if you apply for the Student Success Scholarship within the first application window of the academic year, and if you meet one of the targeted groups.
If you are eligible to apply for the Student Success Scholarship, the application form can be found in the scholarships section in My Student Record.
You must read the information about the Student Success Scholarship before applying.
The application window for the 2023/24 academic will open on Wednesday 6 September 2023, and will close on Sunday 15 October 2023.