The Heller Bursary is financial support to help you do something you are passionate about that is outside your area of study.
Previously funded projects have helped students:
- Start a social enterprise to protect tropical fish
- Buy equipment for a gin business
- Get training to teach archery
- Develop German language skills to support a long-standing interest in the country
- Start a bee-keeping and honey business
- Set up a home ceramic studio
What you could receive
Successful applicates can receive between £500 and £2,000 towards their project.
Who can apply
You can apply for the Heller Bursary if you:
- are a 'home' status student,
- are in the second year of an undergraduate course, and
- have not received the bursary before.
The bursary cannot be used for something you have already done or bought.
When to apply
Applications for the 2023/24 academic year will open in early 2024.
How to apply
You will need to submit an application form. The form will ask you for:
- How much you are asking for, between £500 and £2,000
- A breakdown of your costings
- A statement of up to 500 words, explaining why you should receive an award
You must read the terms and conditions before applying. These can be found at the start of the application form.